by Garry Lloyd
During February, I managed to play 40 games of 29 different titles, 8 of which were new to me. The new games were:Colors of Kasane
- A neat little set collection game from Japan that plays very quickly and you need to watch what other people are collecting try and prevent them from scoring lots of points.Patchwork
- A pleasant return to a rules-light game from Uwe Rosenberg but despite the simple premise of filling in yur player board, the way you acquire the patches is a really interesting puzzle. This is my favourite Uwe game for a long while.Tiny Epic Defenders
- This is a nice co-operative tower defence game in a tiny box with lots of variability in characters to play and epic foes to face. Only played solo and lost badly but keen to play more.Viticulture
- Another one I've only managed to play solo so far but this is a good worker placement game where you start off floundering with trying to build up towards filling wine orders which give you the points to win the game. With so few workers, you never feel like you're getting much done.Machi Koro: Harbor Expansion
- This turns the base game into a much nastier game potentially with more opportunities to pinch stuff from other people. The limited availability of establishments also makes for a different game each time. Very enjoyable.Oddville
- Nice streamlined city building game that took a while to get to the table but everyone really enjoyed it once it did get played.One Zero One
- Clever two-player abstract game about trying to control lines of the One Zero One program You definitely need to watch for cards your opponent can play as they can turn the game around quite quickly.Pairs
- A fun push your luck game where there is just one loser and everyone else wins. Lots of cheering when someone busts the penalty card limit.
I added 6 new games to the collection with the new additions being: Machi Koro: Harbor Expansion, Patchwork, Tiny Epic Defenders, Pairs, Harbour and Medieval Academy. I sold 44 games as part of my 2015 Challenge
so it's now 70/365 complete.
My unplayed list is down from 38 to 36 and my Game of the Month was again an easy choice with Patchwork being truly excellent.